Are You A Candidate For Invisalign?
Wondering if Invisalign will be a good solution for you? Strobel Dentistry offers a free Invisalign consultation! Give us a call at (312) 726-3135 to schedule your consultation today.
What Invisalign Can Treat
Invisalign’s clear, custom-molded aligners (sometimes thought of as “clear braces”) not only create a beautiful smile but also treat numerous functional issues, that if left unattended will cause bone loss, gum recession, tooth wear or fracture. Having your teeth upright and aligned is likely to prevent future dental work. One of our doctors, both certified Invisalign providers, will create your individual treatment plan using Invisalign’s clear, custom-molded aligners to solve a range of issues, including:
- Overly crowded teeth
- Widely spaced teeth
How Invisalign Works
The Invisalign system has been successful in giving hundreds of thousands of amazing smiles to both teens and adults. The process is very straightforward:
- Aligners are worn for 22 hours a day and only removed to eat, brush or floss.
- Your teeth will move bit by bit and you’ll be changing aligners every two weeks.
- You’ll check in with the doctor for a progress report every 6 weeks.
- Length of treatment depends on the amount of movement needed; the average is 11 months, with a range of 5 months – 2 years possible.
Advantages of Invisalign over Traditional Braces
- Oral health – not only are you avoiding metal, which can occasionally cut or damage the surrounding tissue, but removable aligners allow for better, more regular cleaning of the tooth’s surface, which helps to prevent decay.
- Aesthetic – no question braces have gotten better over the years, but it’s still no contest with clear aligners that people can barely see!
- Time – in the vast majority of cases, Invisalign will often much faster results than traditional braces, for roughly the same financial investment.
- Feel – Invisalign aligners are more comfortable than traditional braces, and since they are removable there is more room for adjustment.
Had a consult and ready for the next step?
If you decide you want to see exactly what your Invisalign treatment would look like, we’d start with a records appointment. This takes 50 minutes; during this visit we collect all the necessary impressions, x-rays and pictures to send to Invisalign. They then give us back a computer program that the doctor can manipulate to achieve the exact desired movement. This appointment is $300, and that cost is put towards the total cost of treatment if you move forward with Invisalign within 90 days of the case viewing visit.
After records, you come back to see the doctor in 3 weeks to view your case. This is when you get to see exactly what your course of alignment would look like, get a definitive cost and length of treatment, and make your decision. Treatment cost includes the following:
- All Invisalign aligners
- All associated visits with the doctor
- Free whitening gel for use with your aligners
- Any necessary refinements: if after the initial treatment period we’re still not satisfied, we will resubmit your case to Invisalign and continue with more aligners, all included in that initial cost
- 4 sets of Vivera retainers from Invisalign at the end of treatment to be worn overnight
What Does Invisalign Cost?
It does vary, but a typical treatment averages $4700. Depending on your case, you may be eligible for our accelerated program, which costs a bit more and can dramatically reduce the length of your treatment. If you have insurance, they may cover a portion of that cost provided there is no break in coverage during treatment; this is something we help you determine before you begin.
We want to work with you to give you the smile you desire. With that goal, we offer a variety of financing options for our patients:
- 5% courtesy if the account is paid in full the day of case acceptance. (This will not apply if you use Care Credit).
- 3 or 6-month in-house payment plans with no interest
- 12 or 24-month payment plans with Care Credit (interest applies to the 24-month option)
Accelerated Invisalign Treatment is Available
Interested in Invisalign but worried that you won’t have the time? Many cases are eligible for our accelerated program using Propel Excellerator and VPro5 treatments!
Used together for maximum efficacy, Propel and VPro5 allow us to reduce the time in each aligner from 14 days to just 5. If you decide to pursue accelerated treatment, your Invisalign delivery appointment would include an additional session. During this visit, the doctor makes a series of tiny perforations that will allow for faster shifting of the bone and gum tissue during treatment, making it easier for the teeth to realign in less time.
The complement to this procedure is the VPro5, an appliance you’ll use nightly at home to maintain the effects of the Propel treatment. This vibrating appliance fits over all your teeth and should be worn about 5 minutes every day.
As an added bonus, the dental codes used to represent this treatment are often well covered by insurance, even when the orthodontic treatment itself is not! Our admin team can always help you get a clearer picture of what you insurance can offer in the way of reimbursement.
Risks, Benefits, and Expectations During Invisalign Treatment
- The use of aligners allows for normal brushing and flossing, thereby minimizing potential cavities.
- Improved periodontal health by correcting crowding or abnormal bite (malocclusion).
- Functional improvement of your bite, which will minimize risk of fracturing teeth and wear, increase chewing efficiency, and decrease risk of losing bone support for your teeth.
- Failure to wear aligners for required hours may lengthen the treatment time or affect ability to achieve desired results.
- Improper hygiene may lead to tooth decay, and gum disease.
- Existing dental restorations (crowns) may become dislodged requiring re-cementation or in rare instances replacement.
- The length of the roots of the teeth may be shortened during treatment, and if extensive may compromise the tooth’s useful life.
- In rare instances, problems may also occur with your jaw joint, causing jaw pain, headaches or ear problems
- Failure to wear retainers may lead to shifting of your teeth
- Dental tenderness may be experienced after switching to the next aligner series.
- You may temporarily develop a lisp, but it should disappear in 1-2 weeks.
- Some temporary mobility may develop in certain teeth as they are being moved.
- Your bite may change due to the new position of your teeth.
- You may require additional refinement after the initial series of aligners.
- Use a mild antibacterial soap and warm water to clean your aligners – no HOT water as that may change the shape of the aligner
- Place aligners fully with your hands to ensure proper fit – moving them into place with your teeth may damage the aligner.
- Do not wrap in a paper towel when removed; always use the provided case to help prevent accidental disposal.
- Keep all old sets of aligners until treatment is completed in case they are needed to serve as a replacement or reset.
WHAT IS INVISALIGN?
The aligners are custom-made using advanced 3-D computer imaging technology. Invisalign aligners are worn for a couple of weeks and move the teeth incrementally into position until they achieve the final desired correction. Invisalign's advantage and appeal is that it uses clear aligners that are more cosmetic, more comfortable and more convenient than other orthodontic appliances and operate with minimal interference.
Without worrying about breaking their orthodontic appliances or sharp poking wires, teens and adults can eat all of their favorite foods and engage in sports with Invisalign. Furthermore, because the aligners are completely removable, there is no need to clean between any brackets or wires that are attached to the aligners, so tooth brushing and flossing are much easier.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
A set of aligners is worn for two weeks, and you only take them off to eat, drink, brush, and floss. Every time you replace one aligner with the next, your teeth will move - gradually, week by week - until they have straightened to the final position your doctor prescribes. Approximately every six weeks, you will visit our office to ensure your treatment is progressing as planned.
The average treatment time is between 9-15 months, and the average number of aligners worn is between 18 and 30, but both will vary depending on the individual.
BENEFITS OF INVISALIGN VS BRACES
- No Metal - Straighten your teeth without the hassle of braces
- Aesthetically Pleasing - The clear aligners are virtually invisible
- Superior Comfort - Custom-made of smooth and comfortable plastic to fit your smile
- Easily Removable - Because Invisalign aligners are changed every two weeks, they are not attached to your teeth. Therefore, they can be removed for brushing, flossing, eating, and occasionally for special gatherings or photos.
WANT TO LEARN MORE? CALL US TODAY!
To schedule a consultation at Strobel Dentistry, please call our helpful team at (312) 726-3135. Or, you can fill out the form on our contact page, and our office will assist you with setting up your appointment.